Monday, April 27, 2015

dgidx: error while loading shared libraries: libaio.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Problem:

When I tried to fire up a baseline update on my CRS Endeca application, I got the following error in my Dgidx.*.log file inside <ENDECA_BASE>/apps/CRS/logs/dgidx

dgidx: error while loading shared libraries: libaio.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Solution:

First as soon as I saw this I tried to install the missing library libaio.so using my package manage (YUM on Oracle Linux)

yum install -y libaio.so

That definitely installed something but the error doesnt seem to have gone yet because I should have installed libaio as a package as against just installing the library file with a .so extension, so tried the following again and the baselineUpdate was able to get past the indexing process to deploying the index to my Authoring and Live MDEXes

yum install -y libaio


No comments:

Post a Comment